1. Spaghetti Bolognese
This pasta recipe is known to be a classic.
It’s made with Bolognese sauce and tender chunks of beef, making it an all-time favourite.
If you want a homemade and filling meal, but don’t have much time, this is the perfect menu. Spaghetti Bolognese takes about 50 minutes to prepare, so you can have dinner ready in less than an hour.
Checkout the recipe below:
- Vegetable Oil
- Minced Beef
- Diced Onion
- Chopped garlic
- Grated Carrot
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Beef Stock
- Dangote Spaghetti
- Dangote salt and Pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and a tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add the minced beef, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the mince over a medium-high heat until it turns brown. Then, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the saucepan you browned the mince in and turn the heat to medium. Add the onions and a pinch of salt, then fry gently for 5-6 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrot, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste to the pan and stir well to mix.
- Pour the stock, mince and its juice in the bowl into the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the temperature to simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Boil spaghetti in a heated large saucepan of water and add a pinch of salt. Once the spaghetti is well cooked, drain and add to the pan with the Bolognese sauce.
- Mix well and serve.
2. Spaghetti and Meat Balls
This really easy beef and pork meatball recipe is a classic Italian combination. With a simple tomato sauce, it delivers big on flavour, and is a wholesome dinner for the whole family.
Check out the best preparation method to achieve that perfect spaghetti and meat ball taste.
- For the meatballs
- Ground beef or turkey
- DanQ Seasoning
- Dangote Salt
- ½ teaspoon black or Cameroon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 large egg
- Dangote Spaghetti
- Vegetable oil
- Sliced onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Blended Tomato
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Dangote Salt & Dan Q Seasoning
- Add Dangote pasta spaghetti and salt in boiling water. Allow to cook briefly for about10 minutes. Once soft, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, thoroughly combine all ingredients for the meatballs. Portion out one tablespoon of mix at a time and roll between your palms to form a ball. After rolling all of the mixture, set aside.
- Place a large pot on medium heat and heat up oil. Add in the meatballs and fry until brown on all sides. Add onions for flavour.
- Add the tomatoes and left over ingredients excluding the spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes. Add in pasta spaghetti. Combine.
- Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
3. Garlic Prawn Pasta
This buttery and delicious dish is pasta on a whole new level. It’s perfect for those times you want something a bit more special but are not in the mood to slave over one dish all day. What make it even more special are the prawns.
For every spoon you take, you chew on very tasty prawns.
If you also want to go on a meat-free diet for a while, this is the perfect dish.
The healthy and light pasta dish is not only tasty, but also very easy to prepare.
See how to prepare it below.
- Medium/large prawns
- A pack of Dangote Pasta Spaghetti/Macaroni
- Vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Ground Pepper
- Dangote Salt
- Peel the prawns and cut them in half lengthways.
- Cook the Dangote pasta spaghetti/Macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta spaghetti/macaroni water and keep warm.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are tender.
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, parsley and reserved pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
4. Spaghetti with Vegetables
If you’re a pasta lover, you can enjoy your favourite meal and still eat healthy. This recipe is a great alternative to traditional pastas, as it has the added benefit of being nutrient dense as well as gluten free. This dish is all about good vegetables and a healthy dose of fibre, vitamins and minerals. See below for steps on how to prepare it.
- Diagonally sliced green beans
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Grated carrots
- Sliced Green vegetables
- Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Ground pepper
- A pack of DangoteSpaghetti
- 1tablespoon salt
- DanQ seasoning
- Skinless, boneless chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta spaghetti in boiling water until soft. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in onion, and cook until soft. Stir in chicken, and cook until juices run clear. Mix in the green vegetables, tomatoes, green beans and carrots, and cook for 2 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with Dan Q seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta spaghetti with vegetables, and serve hot. Enjoy!